Australian coach Justin Langer is still yet to have his contract renewed as a decision seemingly draws nearer.
It was reported yesterday that Langer had been involved in a fiery meeting with Cricket Australia, with reports suggesting he may be forced to either re-apply for his job, or be offered a short-term contract.
"There were a number of inaccuracies in a story written by Tom Morris on the Fox Sports website on Monday concerning a meeting between Australian men's team Head Coach Justin Langer, Cricket Australia CEO Nick Hockley and EGM of High Performance and National Teams Ben Oliver on Friday," their statement began.
"While we do not comment on confidential conversations, we felt on this occasion it was important to correct the record.
"Among other false claims, we reject outright the assertion that the meeting was fiery or heated and that Justin was asked to reapply for his job."
The decision over Langer's contract has dominated headlines for much of the summer, with the coach having changed his style to fit in with the playing group ahead of Australia winning the T20 World Cup and then claiming a 4-0 victory in the Ashes over the summer.
Former Australian captain Mark Taylor told Wide World of Sports that the problem could be with the style of coach Australia want, and Langer no longer fitting that criteria.
"I suspect with Justin Langer when he was given the job in 2018 on the back of what happened in Cape Town, it was seen at that time as okay, you're the guy we need for now to bring back some discipline in the side," Taylor said.
"There is obviously a movement, maybe the players, maybe from within Cricket Australia that now think that job has been done, and it may be time for more of a man manager and less of an absolute cricket coach and a disciplinarian."