PERTH, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 24: Mitchell Johnson of the Scorchers acknowledges the members after his first over during the Big Bash League match between the Perth Scorchers and the Melbourne Stars at the WACA on January 24, 2017 in Perth, Australia. (Photo by Paul Kane/Getty Images)

Australian fast-bowler Mitchell Johnson has re-signed with the Perth Scorchers for the upcoming Big Bash season.

Johnson, 35, was the leading wicket-taker for the Scorchers in last year’s Big Bash, playing a starring role across the finals series to deliver the title.

The aggressive left-arm quick said it was a “pretty easy decision” to re-sign with Perth.

“Not only have they played well over the years, but they’re also a great bunch of blokes.

“If I’m honest and look at what happened last year, winning the BBL title with the Scorchers and then winning the Indian Premier League with the Mumbai Indians, I should probably retire on a high, but Twenty20 is more and more becoming a game that the older guys can play.”

After winning the Big Bash with the Perth Scorchers last summer, Johnson achieved the same feat in the Indian Premier League with the Mumbai Indians, and is hungry for even more success.

“I also feel like there’s some unfinished business,” Johnson said.

“I want to help the team go back-to-back and, given this is the last season at the WACA Ground, I really can’t wait to get back out there and enjoy the atmosphere the amazing crowd creates.”

The seventh season of the Big Bash kick offs on the 9th of December.