English batsman Joe Root has rocketed to the top of the ICC world batting rankings after an outstanding Ashes campaign.
Root has averaged 73.83 this series, scoring a total of 443 runs in the first four Tests.
The baby faced Englishman moved from No.3 to No.1, while Australian Steve Smith dropped from the top spot to No.3. South African AB de Villiers remains at No.2.
England's dominant performance also saw pacemen Stuart Broad and James Anderson surge in the rankings. Broad moves from No.5 to No. 2 behind Dale Steyn and Anderson is one spot behind at No.3.
Test batting rankings
1. Joe Root (England)
2. AB de Villiers (South Africa)
3. Steve Smith (Australia)
4. Hashim Amla (South Africa)
5. Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka)
6. Angleo Matthews (Sri Lanka)
7. Younus Khan (Pakistan)
8. Kane Williamson (New Zealand)
9. Chris Rogers (Australia)
10. Virat Kohli (India)
Test bowling rankings
1. Dale Steyn (South Africa)
2. Stuart Broad (England)
3. James Anderson (England)
4. Trent Boult (New Zealand)
5. Yasir Shah (Pakistan)
6. Vernon Philander (South Africa)
7. Mitchell Johnson (Australia)
8. Rangana Herath (Sri Lanka)
9. Tim Southee (New Zealand)
10. Morne Morkel (South Africa)